Our comprehensive environmental
Environmental responsibility has long been part of Intelligencer Printing's culture. However, in the past few years we've accelerated our commitment by cultivating environmental awareness and action—both here in our plant and among our business partners and clients.
We're one of the few printers in the nation with a dedicated and formalized program for developing environmental best practices at every stage of the printing process. In fact, our Intelligent Green initiative includes a number of concrete policies and programs designed to sustain a healthy, natural world.
- We use alcohol-free and phosphate-free solutions.
- We have eliminated most toxic solvents.
- Our sheetfed presses use vegetable-based inks and Intelligencer's Renew™ Bio-based NO VOC and LOW VOC Inks.
- Our web presses run conventional and vegetable-based inks.
- A high percentage of our jobs use recycled papers—text and cover.
- We make an effort wherever possible to purchase paper from AFA (Abundant Forest Alliance) members and FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council™) certified mill sources.
- We take part in an aggressive program to recycle waste including paper, inks and solvents
- Our automatic blanket wash systems reduce the release of VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) by 70%.
- We're in compliance with all OSHA, EPA and Clean Air Act guidelines.
- Our delivery trucks run on bio-diesel fuel.
The bottom line? You can choose Intelligencer Printing with complete confidence and peace of mind, knowing that our commitment to nurturing the earth and protecting the environment continues to grow.