Cross-Media Campaigns for Improved ROI
What’s the best way to reach your customers and prospects? The answer could be different for each and every one! That’s why, implementing a cross-media campaign is the best strategy to help you reach the widest audience and get higher response rates. It provides an effective way for marketers to improve their ROI while gaining increased visibility for their company.
So what exactly is a cross-media campaign?
Industry surveys have shown that almost 75% of consumers prefer to receive offers via traditional mail. In contrast, however, 42% of those consumers prefer to respond online. Cue: cross-media campaigns. It’s an integrated marketing plan that uses a range of digital and traditional channels to reach customers and prospects, while providing those same (and possibly more) ways to respond. It is this combination of print and digital marketing that builds an interactive relationship with the customer or prospect.
Additionally, message relevancy is increased through personalization techniques that enhance a consumer’s inclination to read the marketing piece, thus creating a sense of familiarity, engaging the audience and ultimately compelling them to act. By blending basic information such as age, income, gender, geography, and relationship history into a uniquely different message, the result of improved messaging and flexible response methods leads to increased response rates.
So what’s the benefit of developing a cross-media campaign?
The hidden value of a cross-media campaign is the wealth of data collected and the ability to react to it in a timely manner. A direct mail piece with a personalized URL (PURL) landing page provides immediate insights into the effectiveness of the campaign and its offers. The entire campaign can be tracked with detailed reporting that is available 24/7. Real time tracking and measuring of results then enables the refinement of the marketing message, better definition of the target audience and the creation of an ongoing cycle of analyzing results, personalizing messages, and realizing success!
Common elements of a Cross-media campaign are:
- Contact via online and traditional media channels, including direct mail, e-mail, personalized URLs (PURLs), micro-websites, and auto-generated responses
- One-to-one, customized marketing messages
- Responses, and non-responses, used in a feedback loop to modify message content and tailor offers
Also consider the following elements to maximize response:
- The list – use your data to segment your market
- The offer – it must be compelling, something everyone would want. It can vary for different market segments or to see which offer draws best
- Personalization – use variable data technology and a selection of color imagery to create personal messages that capture the imagination
To learn how we can help you tap the power of Cross-media campaigns to accelerate your business, call 800-233-0107 or email us at email@example.com. One of our experienced professionals will be happy to guide you through the process.